Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thoughts on writing and not writing...

I’d like to write tonight, but I have nothing to say. Where did all the voices go?

I love writing when it comes bubbling out of my fingers… I hate writing when it comes painstakingly out of my head.

I have all the bad habits of a mad genius writer without any of the amazing literary outputs!

I want to write but I cannot. Where are the magical words – the ones that really belong together all bundled up in a sentence? Did the butterflies take them away? I always suspect bold, beautiful creatures that flutter.

Why are giraffes so fun? What if I put some of my favorite things into one sentence? A giraffe wearing yellow galoshes and carrying an umbrella was hopping from lily pad to lily pad, juggling the letters of the alphabet.

No comments:

Post a Comment