Monday, May 9, 2011

The Exciting News!

Phin (almost his real name) and I are getting married (and yes – to each other)!!!!! Thankfully, the narrative did not follow my three day plan which some of you might remember as going something like this…

1. Meet the guy the day before my 35th birthday
2. Get engaged on my birthday
3. Get married at 35 and a day


No wonder I was always a little scared that I would accidentally get engaged and married and spend the rest of my life wondering what happened. Eventually I would be forced to escape my messy life by disappearing into the wilds of the south pacific islands.

The real story is one that clearly shows God’s love and grace. I am not finding myself “accidentally” engaged, which in itself is a huge relief. In the next few weeks, I will chronicle an answer to the question, “How did this incredible blessing happen?” Details will be provided in a series of mostly non-fictional anecdotes, including the events of the actual engagement (as soon as Phin and I get our stories straight)… so stay tuned!!!

3 comments:

  1. Rachel - this is brilliant news! Congratulations! I am a bit behind on Rachel News and a little in shock. Happy Shock but still shock. Can't wait to meet him and wish you both a wonderful life together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    Thanks for sharing your blog. I have read over the last years of your life. You're writing is very creative :) I don't think I have read anything with such rich imagery and vocabulary in a long time. My reading has been limited to the Sunday paper and The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mom. Congratulations on your engagement. I am sure you will have more things to write about as you begin your married life.

    Take care,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries about getting your stories straight--I want to hear both of them!! I love you guys : ]

    ReplyDelete