Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August Confessions

-        I am still wearing my regular clothes one week from my due date – this is not an indication of how little I am, because people are now moving to the grass when they see me walking down the sidewalk.  Instead it is making me re-think my fashion sense, and wondering if I need a wardrobe makeover.

-        Speaking of maternity wear – why is all the emphasis on clothes?  Shoes were/are a much bigger problem.  I now know the image of “barefoot and pregnant” is iconic not just to illustrate social economics, but because shoes become unwearable.  (Crocs in 3 sizes too big = perfect maternity shoe)

-        My sister left a TUB of spanish candy in the cupboard and sadly I ate it all (I won’t divulge how many hours/days it took me).  I would like to blame this on my side-kicker, but alas, my weakness for sweets and capacity to consume in bulk has been well established.  (I wish I could forget the incident of the 2004 orange/chocolate cake, but it is too delicious)

-        9 months is a long time to wait (pretending to be a kangaroo made it a little more tolerable until I lost the hop in my step)


No comments:

Post a Comment