Friday, June 21, 2013

Alternates for “Reasons to Get Married”

Based on updated experiences, the following are replacements to my original “Top 5 Reasons to get Married”.  These replacements match the tone of the original in that they do not represent the deep and philosophical.  Instead, they are small every-day items that contribute to a joyful marriage.  I had a hard time narrowing it down to two, so came up with alternates for each replacement.

#3a  Restaurant Menu Selection:  Phin and I have an agreement to switch plates halfway through our meal.  This is great for my love of options; I no longer have to narrow my choice to just one entrée.  (People do stare if you start ordering more than 1 meal for yourself at a time – even when you explain you like the left-overs).   

#3b :  Driving almost an entire year without filling the gas tank!!!!  Almost as good as having an electric car, is a husband who does not mind filling the tank.  This was never an enjoyable task for me, but the other day I was at the gas station and realized I couldn’t remember the last time I had to do this chore for myself.  (When using my credit card to pay for this fill-up, I forgot my zip code.  Apparently, living in a fantasy Emerald City is much easier when you don’t have to type in a Desert Kave zip code every week… but that is a different tale for another day.)    

#4a Someone to make phone calls for me:  I have always had a fear of phone calls.  Although I no longer have to bribe co-workers to make my appointments, talking on the phone still raises my heart rate.  I love having a designated phone caller in the family (that is not me) – and am enjoying the convenience of ordering take-out for the first time in my life.  

 #4b Night-time reminiscing of festive gatherings:  It is fun to come home after a dinner party and continue the merry-making by talking about our favorite moments.  It is even better, when after hosting a party ourselves; we tuck ourselves in for the night and give rave reviews of the evening.

For the official replacements, I'm leaning towards choosing 3a and 4b:)

No comments:

Post a Comment