Sunday, October 25, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

Yesterday, the day of the test, I was scared that I wouldn't wake up and so set 3 alarm clocks. There was no need to worry - I was awake long before the alarm went off. Today, however, my alarm clock system failed, and the two days with only 6 hours of sleep finally kicked in. I woke with just enough time to catch my flight. I reasoned that no-one would know that the clothes and hairstyle were an exact repeat of yesterday (I did manage to brush my teeth.)

A voice cut through this illusion as I made my way down the airplane tunnel with a "Hey, how are you doing?" I turned around, and the woman behind me was the person I sat next to in yesterday's exam!!!! What are the chances? Well, if I knew the answer to that question, yesterday's test probably would have caused me no problems... I would say, "Well that was embarrasing, but I'll never see her again", however, this statement somehow lacks confidence.

On a sad note, I arrived home to find a fire damaged neighborhood:( The destruction one block from where I live is amazing (and not in a good way). It has inspired me to do some major cleaning, so that no-one thinks my apartment was a victim of the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment