Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Song

Last year about this time, I had a visitor while getting ready for work. It inspired the following song set to the tune of "A Beaver Ate My Thumb".**

There was a spider in my tub
Giving himself a little rub-a-dub-dub
I did not like him there
Splashing around while I was washing my hair
And so I said to him
Look here, Mr. Spider, your future’s very grim
He went quickly down the drain
I’m afraid he’s no more, but he’s not in any pain

** I'm pretty sure this is a fake song, but it does have a catchy tune:)

P.S. Spiders seem to feel right at home in my house. Perhaps they are under the misapprehension that it is a haunted, abandoned place. I am trying to spread the word that this is not the case and that cobwebs, while unique, do not make great wall hangings!

2 comments:

  1. You handled that much more calmly than I would have : \ In my house, he would not get a song...or a death without pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a lot of spiders at my place too. Now I'll have something to sing every time I see one (although, I can't say I know the "A Beaver Ate My Thumb" tune.)

    ReplyDelete