Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Silly Conversation

“You are silly,” Self said with a hint of disapproval.

“I know, which means I’m actually not”

“That statement proves my point!”

“No, it proves mine. The fact that I am aware of being silly shows that my true nature is rather sensible. It tolerates the attempts at silliness - sometimes with amused indulgence, sometimes with exasperation.”

“Do you see how silly you sound now?” Self asked suspiciously.

“Sadly, yes – Try as I might, I can’t escape being logical”

Self seemed to be satisfied, and let me slip quietly to sleep, where my pet giraffe was waiting for me patiently. (Which is good because it is not easy to tap your foot in impatience if you have gangly giraffe legs)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I decided to follow your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you said that - I was having second thoughts about posting my midnight conversations:)

    ReplyDelete