Sunday, July 28, 2013

35 and a Day

When I was younger, the day I reached "35 and a day" was going to be significant.  This was the day I was supposed to get married to a Tommy Lee Jones type of guy.  I was going to meet this guy the day before my birthday, and get married after a 3 day courtship.  I mostly dreamed up this plan so I wouldn't have to worry about dating nonsense for a long time (and I thought I would never be so old).  Also - just to be clear - I'm pretty sure my friend added the Tommy Lee Jones part, although I did love how he talked in movies.

Happily, I did reach this significant birthday and celebrated with an amazing weekend sans dramatic marital twists!  We escaped to a distant city and had a relaxing weekend.  A favorite moment was dinner on a patio with the most fantastic view I think I've ever experienced in restaurant dining.


So, according to my 18 year old self - I am now officially an adult.  This means I should seriously think about getting married (yay - already done), can stay up as late as I want, and eat an entire jar of black olives by myself - even when it is not Thanksgiving.  

1 comment:

  1. Stay up late and eat entire jar of olives... check. check. Perhaps you've been an adult longer than you think! :) Happy Belated!

    ReplyDelete